On May 5th Sigiswald Kuijken, his wife Marleen Thiers and their friend Jean-Marie Vanderstraeten travelled again to Spain – to continue their pilgrimage on the Camino de Levante , the old route from Valencia to Santiago de Compostela. Two years ago they stopped their walk in Avila – now this place is their departure point, and on May 26th they will reach the little town of Mombuey, some 300 km further on the route to Santiago…
Like in 2015, Sigiswald, Marleen and Jean-Marie will dedicate their pilgrimage to their beloved orchestra “La Petite Bande”, in order to counter the very difficult financial situation of the ensemble after the (renewed) complete stop of official support from the authorities.
They invite all of you, dear lovers and admirers of La Petite Bande, to contribute to the realisation of a specific project in December 2017 : a choice of beautiful baroque Christmas cantatas, which will also be recorded on CD for ACCENT after the concert performances. This project can only be brought to a good end with your substantial help.
This cantata-program is conceived like a round-trip in time and personality: from Buxtehude over Bach to Telemann, and back from Telemann via Bach to Buxtehude again :
Dietrich Buxtehude (1637 – 1707) : “In dulci jubilo”
J.S. Bach (1685 -1750): “Süsser Trost, mein Jesus kömmt” (Cantate BWV 151, composed 1725)
G.Ph. Telemann (1681 – 1767) : “O Jesu Christ, dein Kripplein ist” (1748)
G.Ph. Telemann : Missa (brevis) on the Christmas song “Ein Kindelein so löbelich” (1735)
J.S. Bach : “Ich freue mich in dir” ( from 1724 – BWV 133)
Dietrich Buxtehude : “Das neugeborne Kindelein”
The instrumental ensemble will consist of one traversflute, 2 oboes, 4 violins, one viola, bass violin and organ. They will support the 4 singers (soprano, alto, tenor, bass). Sigiswald Kuijken will lead the performance from the violin.
Dear friends in music, you can make the difference, and sustain with us, the 3 pilgrims and the entire Petite Bande, the spirit and the realisation of this initiative. You decide how strongly you wish to support the project !
The estimated cost of this cantata-project is 28.000 €.
Many little make one big, they say….
To send us your contribution, you can either follow :
1. The directions on the website www.lapetitebande.be
2. Or transfer your donation directly to the account of “Support La Petite Bande” :
IBAN BE 76 7350 2267 9695 (BIC : KREDBEBB)
You will be able to follow on the mentioned web-site the amounts of support already totalised. If ever the estimated sum is being surpassed, this will be a very welcome supplementary help for the orchestra, which has other attractive plans in mind for the future !
How will your donation be honoured ?
– You will receive the travel-notes bound into one nice text and send to you.
– Every donor will receive in his (or her) letter-box a CD-box with Mozart’s complete “Magic Flute”: one of La Petite Bande’s best live recordings, from the Beaune International Opera-festival in 2004, realised by Amati-Bayer Records.
– When the necessary total estimated sum is reached, La Petite Bande will organize an exclusive free concert for you, the donors, with the Christmas Cantate-program. This will be an excellent occasion to get to know each other more closely, for you and us ! (Exact date and pla ce will be communicated later on)
BEAUTY HEALS, ALWAYS AND EVERYWHERE