Inneke Van de Velde (voice) and Liselotte Sels (harpsichord) share a love for nature and for bees in particular. This resulted in their creative graduation project “The Bees”, at the Royal Conservatoire Antwerp, which will take place on May 12th 2021 in Antwerp.
“We would like to pollinate you with our bee-love through both art and science. The importance of these little creatures for nature and mankind is underpinned by beautiful music, lectures, stories, pictures, videos and works of art. “
Inneke and Liselotte present to you: the very first performance of “Les abeilles”, a pocket opera by Iradj Sahbai (former student of Messiaen), about bee life, and the trials and tribulations of a queen bee, supported by a choir of worker bees and drones, and upheld by two harpsichords and a string quartet. Next to that, they will perform two other newly composed bee pieces for harpsichord: Umut Eldem offers a synaesthetic experience of sound and vision and Joost Van Kerkhoven takes us to the next level with his electronics. Last but not least a selection of Frank Agsteribbe ’s suite “D’Amour piqué d’une mouche à miel” (1995) is brought for soprano, countertenor, cello and harpsichord.
In order to support the composers, make everything work technically, and hopefully pay the musicians, a little help is required . Even the smallest amount can make a difference! To thank you for your support, you will receive a beelicious gift:
– From 15 euros: a bee flower seed packet to help spread the bee love
– From 25 euros: a bee flower seed packet, and a box of honey waffles
– From 35 euros: a bee flower seed packet, a box of honey waffles, and a ticket for our concert
– From 50 euros: a bee flower seed packet, a ticket for our concert, and a bee-autiful mouth mask*
– From 70 euros: a bee flower seed packet, two tickets for our concert, and a bee-autiful mouth mask*
– From 100 euros: a bee flower seed packet, two tickets for our concert, and a book “Zakboek voor de bijentuin”* (Dutch or French)
– From 150 euros: a bee flower seed packet, two tickets for our concert, a book “Zakboek voor de bijentuin”* (Dutch or French), and a bee hotel*